02 January 2012

Today's Key - Past Continuous











El Past Continuous se compone con
el verbo auxiliar "to be" en pasado + un verbo+ing
I was working
You/ We/They were studying
He/ She/It was playing

Anotamos que: En caso que el mismo pronombre (we)
esta haciendo varias actividades,
no se repiten los verbos auxiliares (was, were)
por ejemplo:
We were working, studying and playing at home.
She was ironning, watching TV and listening to music all at the same time.

The three of them were working, playing, studying and living together for five long years.

Usamos el Pasado Continuous para indicar:

1) acciones o actividades que estaban sucediendo en el pasado y tenian una duración. 
pero ya no están sucediendo más.

I was working on a composition while my husband was listening to music with the head phones on.  I was
trying to write about dog watchers downtown.  It was taking me a very long time because I forgot to add some important details when I was interviewing them in the park and now it was too late to find out. I remembered that Julio was taking care of 15 dogs and was making $35 per dog. But I couldn't remember if he was taking care of them every day or just for a few days a week.

No comments: